Poem: Somebody

Somebody

She may be just nobody
For many in the world.
She was just somebody
Even for me, in the past

Ah, the past, the childhood
Sweet charming memories.
More than just somebody
She was this "some buddy"

Days, months and years
Passed me like falling leaves.
But at some point
A question arose.

It was some question
That neither my mind
Nor my brain could
Come up with an answer.

The question was simple.
"Is she just somebody for you?"
And who asked this
Was me, myself, my life.

Suddenly, there was total silence
My brain stood blank
My mind wandered
But I needed an answer.

Then in the midst of this
Depressing silence
I heard a whisper
A whisper from my heart.

When my brain and my mind
Couldn't solve the puzzle
My heart whisped.. "NO..."
"She's not just somebody for you"

From the everness of the silence
It was like a melody for me.
And is that why, they say
The heart speaks heaven.

Then came another question
"Hey, Then who is she?"
Again my brain and mind
Was in no mood to answer.

Yet again with all hopes
I turned to my heart
And my heart said:
"She..? , She's my better half"

That moment of life
Where the past, the future
All came to this awesome,
Beautiful present.

Was that your smile
That made my dumb heart
Whisper the most
Melodious words ever

Was that your sweetness
That made me forget
The darkness of my past
And the sour of memories

And now I'm not surprised
About how just a somebody
Became everything in my life
Because I know:

"From nobody, to somebody
And to my everything
Your journey has
The value of my life."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

മണാലി: ഒരു സ്വപ്നയാത്ര

ഒരു കൊറോണ ഡയറിക്കുറിപ്പ്‌

വിട